Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Glow in the Dark!

Sorry its taken me so long to post my review on the show but I've been really sick and still am.

Ok so I don't have any pictures yet 1)because KRBE had their own photog and wouldn't let us take any and 2) because the Woodlands pavilion people made T check her camera. We were needless to say PISSED! Since when can you not have a camera at a concert??

Meeting Pharrell...

He is so awesome! Humble! and Funny!! I can't wait til KRBE posts the podcast! I will repost it on here asap! When he walked in he went around the room and shook hands with everyone. Because I was last (closest to the stages) I introduced myself to all the guys....only polite, right? Well a girl on the other side of the room must have been jealous and said, "Well now we all know who Allie is". HAHA! I loved it! I'm not going to lie, the entire interview Pharrell was looking at either T or I! Most likely because we were the two closest to him. Plus every time he said something funny we couldn't stop laughing. He started talking about a dispute with Walmart about being able to sale a clean album and Walmart just wasn't sure if they would sale it if kids could get a dirty version elsewhere. So Pharrell was like...what do you want me to do? Some words just have a deeper mean than their "substitutes". They just don't come across the same. Then he went on talking about what words he could use in place of his curse words to make the songs clean.
F*ck=Sex
Sh*t=Feces
Mother F*cker = Mother sexer
I don't think we were supposed to talk but b/c I was so close to him I said, "Dude, If you make an album like that I would totally buy it!" He laugh and said it would be more comedy than anything and I just replied I would still buy it! Not sure if it will be included on the podcast but it was hilarious!
So the rest of the interview was filled with SEX and FECES instead or F*ck and Sh*t! It was the funniest thing ever! I seriously had tears in my eyes.
KRBE took a pic of us but they haven't emailed them out yet....will post asap too.

Concert!

Lupe Fiasco hit the stage much earlier than he should have. The crowd was still filing in as he played. He brought his entourage, including Matthew Santos, Bishop G, Nikki Jean, and Sarah Green which I thought was awesome. Can I just say Sarah Green (I think that was her) has an amazing voice live!

N.E.R.D. was up next, and wow...that all I can say! Pharrell was amped and demanded security to allow anyone who wanted to mosh through to the front of the stage. He even picked a lucky few to get up on stage with him.

Rihanna’s set was the least enjoyable of the night. Overall, it was just an oddly-placed pop act amidst a handful of respectable hip-hop artists. I really do like her but it was as if the music was turned down and there was no bass....just wasn't what I excepted. It made it extremely hard to dance too...which was sad! <--oh yeah by this point I had sucked down a few drinks from the Bacardi tent and really wanted to dance!

Then there was Kanye...
From the seconds the lights dimmed to the time the venue’s lights came on, the crowd was deafening. The 17,000+ capacity venue was packed to the brim with screaming, drunk/high fans. I believe the concert was sold out at this point! It was nuts!
Jane, Kanye's spaceship was the main set of the show. West and Jane were on a mission to find other sources of creativity as they crash landed on another planet. Once creativity was found, they could find their way back home, where they would embrace the new found creativity. Although to me it was a bit cheesy, the concept supplied some pretty entertaining fillers in between songs. There was a little technical difficulty which Kanye stopped the concert, cursed a few times, then walked backstage to sort it all out but the show started back up shorty there after. He even wrote and apologized for it in his Blog! Kanye loves Houston!! YEAH! Haha!

Overall the best concert I've ever been too! Very energetic throughout! It helped that all the acts were Big names...at least in my book! In retrospect, I wish I had bought front row or pit tickets for this show! Would have been so worth it!

If Glow in the Dark is heading your way I would TOTALLY RECOMMEND going! Super fun!


11 comments:

Rahul said...

You can't be me I'm a rock star. I'm rhyming on the top of a cop car.

E-Money said...

Yeah I thought the same thing about the Rhianna set/placement in the show, didn't seem to really fit.

Can't wait to see the picture with Pharrell make sure you post it!

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Good review, it seems consistant with what I have heard.

Matt said...

Awesome. I wish I couldve went to see it when I was out here.

I went to lupe's blog and on there it showed some review of the concerty by USA today or something and they gave the show a bad review. Im glad to hear they were wrong!

Harley said...

I like Kanye's music but his arrogance makes me CRINGE...

Pharrell on the other hand... YOU LUCKY LUCKY GIRL!

Narm said...

Sounds like an awesome show and I definitely want to see the pictures. I love Kanye - seems like one of the few original artists MTV will play anymore these days.

And by "play" I mean show 30 seconds clips and then go back to some scripted reality show.

Simply Taylor said...

STP concert? You going....Apparently we are....miss you Love! You coming out soon?

Anonymous said...

dude, i am sooo jealous. i would do almost anything to go to a show like this!! please post the podcast! you should have slipped pharrell your number or something! that would have been awesome!

Bogart said...

Sounds cool...

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I just went to the show in denver! Both of rihanna guy dancers are my friends :) So they hooked me up, I have to say I was quite impressed by rihanna ballads, I did NOT expect her voice ot be as good as it was.

THE SHOW WAS FUCKING AWESOME. I blogged on it as well, it totally made me bawl.

ElPato said...

That sounds like an awesome show! I would lalalalove to meet NERD. Pharrell ranks right below Outcast on my list of favorite hip hop acts.

Funny, my blog is about our show tonight. We will rock!

That whole relationship thing is fading as usual! haha! I still like jumping in over my head.