Thursday, May 22, 2008

crush-ed

This is a post I started last night...


sadly I'm crying at this very moment.

My crush, yes, my best friend, RT has elected to stop communication with me because he("we" really but I didn't mean it) finds it too hard for the two of us to remain friends. He loves me, he cares for me, he will miss me but he cannot move forward and have a girlfriend at this time in his life. It seems the pressure has grown too much. We have a long past that includes some pretty intense moments in our lives but I still love him and I know he loves me. In the hopes of something more I seemed to have pushed him further away....and this is where the tears flow. Its my fault. I wanted so much it causes me to lose it all.

I'm sad. I'm alone. I'm heart broken.

He really is the love of my life and truly my best friend.

What am I going to do now when I need a good laugh?
Who is going to talk me to sleep every night
Who will keep me updated on the latest and great youtube videos?
Who can I vent all my work frustrations to?
Who will let me share ever deep dark secret with them and not judge?
Who is going to love me for me? WHO?!?

I know Blogging gives me some relief but I want the hug that comes after the bad day. I want the kiss that comes after I love you. I want the warm body sprawled over me while watching tv. I want my best friend back.

I'm scared.

As my eyes grow puffy and my heart heavy I find myself only wanting to stay in the sanctuary of my own home...alone. Back to insecure depressed homebody 101.



Now thats where last nights post ends and this morning begins.

I talked to RT again late last night. He expressed his sadness knowing how dissapointed I was. He made it very clear that it wasn't me, he just couldn't put the effort into a (long distance)relationship like he knew I wanted. He worried that if we tried it things would turn sour. He says things like " I don't know if I'm cut out for dating....but then he says he's not sure if he will always feel this way. I haven't mentioned it yet b/c I got my hopes all up but Last week he came down and we spend 3-4 days together and had the best time. No pressure. No expectations. Equal comromise. (No sex just cuddling). I explained clearly to him that I want that! He agreed it was great but still worries(negatively) about the end result! Why do boys have such a hard time going out on a limb?!?! If he can tell me he loves me and that this last month has been great and we both want to spend time with one another doesn't that warrant trying things out?

wow almost started crying at work thinking about it.

8 comments:

Bogart said...

So sorry to hear that...Long distance thoughts from P-Towne.

Anonymous said...

I've been in this exact situation. I mean, almost to a LETTER.

a) It gets better with time. It does. It took me a damn decade to get the cajones to move on. I suggest you don't allow yourself to take as long as I did.

b) It gets better with time.

c) It gets better with time.

d) If he isn't willing to put the time and effort in, he's not worth your time, your tears, your heart ache.

This understanding comes with time too.

Narm said...

This is the part where I tell you that everything will be fine and not to beat yourself up over it. But you still will and then a few months from now you will be fine. I've gone through it too - really the only cure is time.

And alcohol - but mostly the time thing.

Anonymous said...

oh, time. it is always easier to look back after you have finally picked yourself out of the shitty situation and realize that time is what made things better. but you know what, youve got to be doing things in that time. take some time for yourself - go get a massage, drive the car around and listen to music, hang out with your girlfriends, and the best advice i can give you is to fake it till you make it. if you tell yourself that you will allow yourself to mourn the relationship, but know that it will get better, you have to put that smile on, as much as it hurts, and tell yourself you are happy. you will be happy. it will eventually come naturally again. we are all here for you babe!! keep that chin up!

villageidiot said...

So sorry allie :( Time is the only thing. Stay in and mourn for 3 days if you must, (a long weekend is coming up,) just like Myanmar and China did for their recent catastrophic losses. But after that, force yourself to go out with your local GF's there and have fun.

Your knight will be along shortly, but he may not be the first guy who smiles at you in the bar with your GFs. Try to avoid the rebound thing if you can...

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

allie that stinks. i'm so sorry. but i'm going to go with deutlich on this one. it does get better with time, promise.

Harley said...

Oh God....

I'm sorry. That's awful..

And I thought he sounded legit! Poor Allie. Cuddles offered freely here if you need them.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!!!