Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time to confess

So after a week of thinking long and hard about where I was going with Curt, I decided I couldn't do it.

My Mature Reasons-
-he is 32 and wants to get married
-all his friends are married
-I feel the want for me to be just like his friends' wives.
-We've only been dating for a month
-He pinches me on the butt in very inappropriate times...like when I'm on my exclamation point and have knife stabbingly sharp pains and trying to relax as much as possible. ASS! <--can't tell you how pissed I was since I was EXTREMELY sick too!

My Immature Reasons-
-I can't get RT out of my mind!
-I feel like I'm more mature than Curt....most of the time!
-I'm 24! and maybe I want to be single when I hit my quarter-life crisis exactly a month from today!
-I don't want to feel guilty if I go visit RT in Austin again. The River is calling my name again since its now up in the 90s!!
-Did I tell you I still think about RT! I'm hopeless!

Curt took it surprisingly well, but I was pushed further away when he made the comment "I'm a big boy Allie, I can handle it". Ummm....ok?!?!


Red Rover, Red Rover, Please send Young, Handsome, and financially stable over!

12 comments:

Narm said...

Guys hate to have too much sympathy their way - hence the "I'm a big boy" line.

And girls don't like it when you pinch their butt in public? Well now I know what those death stares from the GF are about...

Rahul said...

Ooh, I like the term "exclamation point" It can be used in so many ways.

Get off my exclamation point.

Exclamation point this old man.

I'm going exclamation point you all night.

Perfect

Bogart said...

Sounds well reasoned and logical...

Too bad matters of the heart can't always be this way.

April said...

The butt pinching would be the deal breaker for me too. Unless you are trying to piss me off and get me to say horrible things about your mother, that zone is off limits during the "end of my sentence." Exclamation point works too, but the only punctuation that I don't want is a question mark. Ha! Good luck with red rover.

Unknown said...

I have a problem with pinching/slapping my girlfriends ass when she doesn't want me to also.

I can't help it! I like it!

The Maid said...

Red Rover Red Rover,
Young, Handsome and Financially
Stable are already married or gay.

Hate to break it to you.

Oh...and there a few YHFS' left, but they are probably fatties that lurk on your blog...and email photos of themselves from about 50 pounds of hot wings and beer ago.

LOL
No hurry and no worry...you are still a youngin.

The Maid

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the red rover comment just brought me back to my family reunions when i was like oh 10. love it

Anonymous said...

Im sorry Love. :(

I didnt know it was like this, hadnt read your blog recently until now.

Come hang out with us soon, we miss you!

We can do the River too Mday?

Anonymous said...

even your 'not so mature' reasons are pretty sensible. if you cant get another guy out of your head, its not fair to keep curt going. and seriously, the quarter life crisis - it hit me a little early, but man it would be nice to not be attached and be able to figure things out solely on your own.

all in all - it might hurt a little, but it was def the right decision to make. :)

ElPato said...

I think the butt-pinching thing would seal the deal for me! Although sometimes M will slap me on the ass and call me her bitch! Which makes us both laugh hysterically! I think my kid will seal our deal... oh well, I don't blame her for not wanting a kid. I sure as hell didn't when I was 24... same age difference. 24-32

Clyde said...

A butt pincher---he had to go.
Allie, you are nearly 25 and still have a lot to see in life.
Why would you want to settle down with a butt pincher.
30 plus and you can start to think about that but make sure it is someone whoi respects you and doesnt have to make constant inapropriate liberties in public.
You are too classy for this one

Harley said...

I like RT. I'm silently rooting for him from way over here...

Also Curt sounds like he was looking for a death stare.