Tuesday, March 11, 2008

1 step forward 10 steps back!

With each new day I've grown even more excited about life and the new adventures I've decided to pursue....up 'til yesterday.

I was having a great day...regardless of the horrid rain. I was in Circuit city buying a new TV and getting a new video card for my computer (Yes I've been living in the stone ages for a few weeks b/c my video card burnt up!). Well, as I was standing in line my mom calls. "Do you have time to talk?" she asks. "Well give me a few minutes and I will", "ok". I get in my car to head home when my mom goes on to tell me about my Dad's multiple doctor visits...which she previously told me was "just" for his high blood pressure. "Just a cover up" she said b/c my Dad wasn't ready to reveal the truth to anyone, for fear of being disowned or ostracized. I was shocked and so sad all at the same time. Ok I know at this point you want to know what it is that he has but I'm not ready to reveal it right now especially since my dad is not comfortable with it. All I can say is it is chronic and depending on the progression, which will be revealed in his upcoming test results, there is a high % chance he could die from it. This would be the point in time where I started bawling my eyes out. My mom just said I don't want you to take this lightly b/c it is very serious, we just don't know the severity yet.

So my upbeat energetic mood has quickly been replaced by worry and sadness....

Please keep my Daddy in your prayers.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I'm sorry to hear of your fathers condition...he will be in my prayers tonight!

Harley said...

Praying for your dad. I'm a daddy's girl and I know that hearing news like that must be hard as hell...

Jamie said...

Oh no!
I am so sorry to hear that & will keep your dad & your family in prayers.

So@24 said...

I just read your first and last entry.

Holy cow. If anyone deserves a break, it's you right now.

Sending positive vibes.

DShan said...

yikes. i missed this post...i hope dad's alright.