Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chapter 2 out of The Book of Allie's Woes

OK Jamie (Oh! How Lovely) inspired this post with her recent troubles.

Just another lovely story out of The Book of Allie's Woes....

In January of '07 about a week after the X and I split my mom calls to check up on me. Well somewhere in the middle of our convo she reveals to me that she is thinking of divorcing my dad....WHAA?!?! Where did this come from? "Allie, its been brewing for some time" Well she went on to tell me she just didn't think it was right anymore and she wanted to take a trip to Tenn. to visit our horses, get away and think about things. Problem - our horse trainer, who is newly divorced, lives in Tenn.. Well my mom was quick to state they are just friends which I have ALWAYS believed to be true...but if I didn't trust my mom at this point I would think it was fishy. Plus I knew him very well and he was a cool guy.
OK back to my mom.....WHILE my life is in a million pieces all over my apartment floor my mom decided this very moment was the RIGHT time to tell me this?!?!? NOT COOL MOM!!! SO... DEVASTATED I WAS AGAIN!
Well of course I talked to my dad and he was lost and didn't understand. I know he was NOT happy that she was going to Tenn. alone too. Well nothing came of the trip but when she came back she was still gung-ho about the divorce. My dad would call me with any new information he had or when he was just sad. I got so many calls I could barely keep up and my mom was turning into a stranger I'd never met. First weird change in my mother...she got her belly button pierced. 2nd...she got long blonde hair extensions. 3rd... she bought a little black bmw sports car. Just SCREAMS MID-LIFE CRISIS if you ask me.

Well she ended up moving out and in with my Grandfather for about 6 months. Now he lives about 15 min from me. Sadly I wasn't even interested in seeing her so we never really met up while she lived there.

I'm not sure when the transition happened but I think somewhere down the road my mom realize she was going to LOOSE everything if she didn't stop her wild and free ways....so her and my dad started "dating" again.

Well I'm currently happy to report she moved back in a couple months ago and they are doing great....just in time for the bad new my dad received. I'm just glad she is there for him.

But let me tell you, this SUCKS for anyone on the outside looking in. I just wanted to SHAKE my mom and tell her to WAKE UP! WHO ARE YOU!
Its like something just got into her and she wanted to be young and free again as if she never had the ability to do it before. <-- which in a way she didn't b/c she had my sister and I both before she was 22. I couldn't imagine having to toddlers running around me right now...YICKS!

So my conclusion...Do not marry young even if you think you are ready! You haven't had enough FREE time to find yourself and enjoy the SINGLE life....
You are silly if you think this is not true and you will only find out.....hmmmm around the age of 44?!?!?! haha!

I hate to think this happens everyday and most of the couples do not get back together. Its just heartbreaking the rate of divorce these days....so sad.

4 comments:

DShan said...

LOOSE? or LOSE?

;)

my parents did something very, very similiar when i was a teenager; i may need to write it up!

Unknown said...

but what about the bmw?

Allie-gator said...

D - That was supposed to be a looooong "LOOOSE my mind!" haha! Nice try though! :-P

surviving myself - such a guy! Actually my dad bought one soon after and then they both bought motorcycles...CRAZY FOOLS!

Anonymous said...

I love you! :) And your life will balance out, it goes up and down for everyone. Just like it has been for your parents....

Take it a day at a time, and one situation at a time.

Dont marry young couldnt have been said better myself.

I know my parents think that. Its been like 35 yrs of marriage and the only reason they dont divorce is because we are Catholic?!?! Really? My Dad is treated so bad by my controlling Mom, and well she just would rather join a convent then have a family.....so why stay together? I dont get it....esp. when unhappy and its so apparent to the outsider looking in....

I guess every family has its woes...

T