Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Crazy Radio Caller....

Yes, that's me, at least lately it is since I've been spending so much time in my car for work. Well a few weeks back I heard a song on the internet called Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis, a young girl from Britain who Simon Cowell named the winner of their X-Factor show. (More info @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leona_Lewis ) Well I called the radio station to see if it was released to play in the US yet and one of the young interns told me YES, but no one really requests it! He told me if I wanted to hear it I would need to request it during On Demand @ 12-1! I was so excited so I called later on that day during the allotted time and Mat the main DJ picked up. When I requested the song he said "GREAT SONG!" I was like "HELLO I KNOW!" Well we chatted for a few and he said he would definitely remember me when he plays the song. I was like "GREAT!" Well sitting at work with the radio right beside me I never heard the song so I tried again a few days later. Mat answered again!! "Hey, is this Allie he asked"...yesssss.... He said "a girl named Allie won our contest yesterday and I asked her if she was the Allie that requested Leona and she replied No with a snotty attitude! HAHA!" "Nope, not me but maybe next time!!! So when you gonna play my song." He just said "Well we need to get more requests for the song and not just from you or the interns." :-(

Well now when I call and get through Mat just laughs at me and says ok....even Freddy another one of the DJ's knows me now and he just tells me I gotta talk to MAT b/c he is the only one that can approve new songs!

Well today...to my enjoyment at 12:50pm he played it!!! And you better believe I had the radio turned up while singing every word!!!

So EVERYONE if you live in or around Houston call the radio and request it! Because that's the only way they will play Leona!! Oh and her other song Better in Time is A-MAZING TOO!! Butt Baby steps for now...just vote or request!!

If you can't tell, I really do think she WILL(in time) become the next Whitney or Maria! A little more time and vocal training and those high notes she hits so well will SOAR!

***Oh and if you are bored you need to youtube Nick Pitera. Watch the A Whole New World video first to check out his talent (give him a minute or 2 to show you what it is). Then go watch him sing Leona's song Bleeding Love! he is incredible even though you might laugh at first!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

i always imagine that radio dj's are all fat and live with their parents.

they just seem to annoy the hell out of me.

but then, most people do.

Jamie Lovely said...

I love that sonG!

Matt said...

You are famous...can I have an autograph?

P said...

I'm not a fan of X-factor but I think Leona has a fantastic voice. The minute that song was released in the UK I just thought it sounded so much like a song which would do well in the states - looks like I was right!!! :)

cat said...

Hi Allie!

Just wanted to say that I LOVE LEONA LEWIS, too! (But I won't be calling into radio stations, I've heard it quite a few times on the radio here in Canada.) "Yesterday" is another one of my favourites. :)

BTW Nick Pitera is awesome.