Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Ask the Girls", now I'm going to ask the GUYS!

So I found myself laughing this morning at a topic on the radio. The segment was called "Ask the Girls" where guys have the opportunity to question girls about any given topic. So...the question was, " Do pretty girls, like really attractive ones, have a hard time getting asked out on dates, or do they just say that?" ok I'm in no way conceited but I've been told a time or two by girls and guy friends that I am very pretty. So I tried to answer this question as honest as possible...yes, to myself, in the car. Not sure why I felt the need. Ok so this is what I came up with.
First off I'm single and have been for some time...given my first post! I also cannot remember the last time I've been out on a date. Now the tough part...yes, I've dated but I don't ever recall a guy straight asking me out on a REAL date. Every guy I've ever dated I knew for a long period of time before hand either from school, work, or through a friend. Our dating always escalated through hanging out casually with friends too. I've also been told by, I think, 2 of the guys I dated that they would have never approached me if we weren't already friends b/c when we first met they were intimidated by me, I was too pretty and they didn't feel like they had a chance.....always thought they were just saying that to be nice but now I think maybe it was true. Now going back, I know of two guys I actually ASKED out myself.....how sad is that! I guess as soon as they see I am a humble, nice, crazy, outgoing, fun person they SHOW their interest a little more.

So after all that I answered the question with a big YES! I think guys just are not like they used to be, old fashioned gentlemen...or maybe I haven't found the right one yet.

**(off topic of radio question) But here is my problem...I don't want to date people I KNOW anymore...b/c its obviously not working out. I just end up wasting a couple years of my life b/c we are just better off friends or they fall for my best friends...haha ok sorry had to poke fun at myself!

So any guys that are reading...I pose a question. Based off my picture alone...do I look intimidating? Would you have the courage to approach me and ask me out if you were interested? NOW BE HONEST! I know that this is a blog and people tend to be a little more open but visualize yourself in the position where I'm in front of you....what do you do?

haha this should be fun!


So...for now this small town southern bombshell will keep her hopes high and her eyes open!! :-)

7 comments:

So@24 said...

I'd definitely talk to you... if you were in a group... and that group happened to be people I already knew.

I wouldn't approach you though, I just don't have that in me to just approach complete strangers and strike up convo.

It's true that I always automatically think that any attractive girl is taken. I wonder if most guys feel the same.

DShan said...

it's always SO24 and i...the two single netizens.

without stating the obvious, you're gorgeous.

i'm pretty comfortable with people in general, so i probably wouldn't hesitate to ask you out if a conversation between us happened otherwise. i'm NOT one to walk across a bar to a beautiful girl with the intent of asking her out. it seems...predatory. in chicago, those guys are everywhere.

that being said, i'm trying to be more 'break the ice'ish.

also, to contribute a bit more to your 'not getting asked out' thing...if i was sitting with my five best friends in chicago, i'd be the ONLY ONE who'd remotely consider talking to you. my buddies would NEVER approach a good looking girl unless she approached them first.

it sort of drives me nuts.

(to SO24 - i do tend to think most beautiful women are taken).

Matt said...

I third that motion- all the really, naturally beautiful girls seem to be taken.

I wouldn't hesitate to approach you. One thing about me is that I am not shy.

D had a great point about the predatory nature of some men, especially in a city where there are more men than women- which happens to be the predicament I am in. I guess you learn, over time, that if you dont seize the moment- someone else will.

You are very easy on the eyes...what do you think of my pic? Handsome? HA HA. :)

Sid said...

Hey. I'm pretty guys hit on me but ... I so wouldn't wanna date those guys. So I guess I'm just to picky?

Oh and you do look stunning

E-Money said...

I'll chime in here but the previous comments basically wrap up my feelings on the topic.

I am happily married now so I've been out of the game for some time now but recalling back to my dating days - those sketchy random bar guys give us normal guys a bad rap, thus I wouldn't have just randomly walked across a crowded bar to ask somebody out because it seems to predatory as d mentioned.

If we randomly got caught up in an off-beat conversation at the bar either thru mutual friends or just a random topic that we stumbled upon though then I would play the conversation by ear to see if I'd want to pursue a second meeting or more formal aka date to get to know you better -out of the random bar scene. But thats putting a lot out on the line so I'd have to make sure I was reading you correctly to see if you'd even consider hanging out in the future before I'd make the date offer.

The random walk across a bar and ask a girl out without at least first having a normal natural conversation just isn't me :-)

Allie-gator said...

Thanks for participating guys!!

Oh and thanks for the compliments. So when are you guys coming down to TX again....haha!

Unknown said...

I'd walk up and talk to you, what's the big deal?

But only if you bought me a drink first. I'm not a cheap date.

I kid!