Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Fresh Start

Ok this being my first post...I'm going to go all out.

2007 in a nutshell was a BAD year for me. Where to begin?? How about in Jan? Ok so I started 2007 going to my best friends wedding with my boy friend of two years. The man I knew I was going to marry and we had both made that very clear to his family and mine. Maybe looking at rings clued everyone in. Well now is about the time I should tell you about one of my good girl friends who happened to live across the way from me in my apartment complex, therefore we saw each other often. Plus she went to the same church me and the BF went to.
Well about 2 weeks into January the bf and I started arguing over weird petty stuff and decided maybe we should take some time and space to make sure we still want to get married. So I laid low but we still talked everyday...and even saw each other ofter.

Well about 2-3 weeks later I walk to my car to go to the store and to my horror I see who else but my bf (or whatever he is at this point) sneaking up the BACK side of my friends apartment building. Well since she lives on the font side and I knew at this point he was going to see her, I waited down stairs for him to walk back forward on the 3 floor so I could see him knock on her down....and about a minute later there he was! I was sitting in my car at this point and I didn't even have to honk...he saw me, he knew I was pissed and what did he do. He waved a very nervous low wave. Now I drive a pretty fast sports car so lets just say I speed off with a lead foot!!!

I was so sad and so upset and so devastated! My bf and my good friend...I would have never guessed. Maybe it was the fact that she has a 7 year old son or the fact that he would talk negatively about her and how she lives her life and now he is DATING HER! Why are men such wimps....no balls to tell me the truth or to even separated himself enough to make me believe we were not still getting married! I had no clue.

So lets move ahead about 5 months, I decided to move far away btw! Broke my lease to do so.
ok so I get a phone call from the x's old best friend who YES dated my old good friend. We used to go on double dates. Well his news was all but calming. THEY WERE ENGAGED! And there were pic on their myspace of the ring...well to my shock that ring sure looked a lot like the one I picked out!!!!! So devastated AGAIN!

ok skip forward to Dec. 1. I get another phone call from the same guy. They are getting married this weekend!!!! WHAT?!?!? It hasn't even been a YEAR since we split.
DEVI STATED AGAIN!!!!

Then last but not least I go to their myspace at the end of the month to see if they posted wedding pics just too see what she looked like...b/c I was mad and curious and wanted to find something to pick fun of! Well I was shocked to see they had posted pics from their Honeymoon and WHERE THEY WENT!! To Banff, Alberta Canada!! Where we had gone on a trip together with his parents just a year earlier!!! WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR NEW WIFE THERE?!?!?!
Whats weird is she knew all of this b/c she was my friend! She also new what the ring I picked out looked like. Why did she not have a problem with any of this?!?!? I know why b/c she just wanted to get married and he is controlling and wanted everything the same as how we had planned it!!! PSYCHO!!

Ok vent over...don't judge me too much this was a very traumatic experience....worse than any drama movie I have ever seen...and this is just the short version.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my baby Jesus!!!

Your story is so traumatic! You can feel good knowing that you've made all of the decisions in your friends life, you obviously hold more power than you realize:) That comforts me w/my disaster of a marriage.

You are adorable & way better than both of those losers! Now you can move on & they are still stuck in a life they deserve.

I'll be reading for updates!!!

Matt said...

Sounds very traumatic. However, at least now you can say the worse is behind you. Right now it's March-2008...you can start blogging about how great you are doing this year.

Great start- look forward to reading more.

nessa said...

how traumatic! you must have felt extremely betrayed :(

atleast glad you saw his true colors before committing to marriage with him. youre better off.

Red Robin said...

Gosh that sounds similar to my story, just this january I found out my HUSBAND was having an affair with my best friend. We just decided less than a month ago to get a divorce and they already moved in together. Men are such pigs!

Tipp said...

He should have to pay you for breaking that lease. . . I'm just saying. I know some people who can make him come clean!

Sounds like something that happened with my college roomate and my boyfriend. You are better off without him. Have FUN being single!

Essentially Me said...

Oh wow ... that's so fucked up!

tdaniellev said...

How horrible!! What a relief to know that you found out what a jerk he was before committing your life to him..too bad it took this situation to reveal the truth. Things can only go up for you from here! So many new doors have now been opened for you, congratulations and good luck!!

Harley said...

Oh thank God the boy and I weren't lookig at getting married just yet. This post made me feel so angry with that guy of yours - especially the nervous wave part. I want to go over there, find him, and kick his ass!

Men can be so lame...

Dahlia said...

Holy crap...I just read this post. I had NO idea. I am so sorry. I am also very happy that you didn't marry him, because let's face it, he's an asshole.