Wednesday, March 19, 2008

lack of dating...

I've had a major gap in my dating life lately....main cause.....simply me. I'm just not interested. Right after the big break with the bf(post1) about a year and half ago I started getting real close to a guy I grew up with, RT. He was and still is my best friend but we got a little hot and heavy for a few months. To my disappointment, it starting going cold due to work and scheduling. He lived in our hometown and I was living in the big city...hour and a half drive. Well soon thereafter he got a job in the big city close to me so naturally he started staying with me a few nights out of the week. Our relationship was starting to look like a relationship... up til he revealed he was accepted back into college and he was leaving in a month to finish(3hours away). Now, we hadn't made it to the "OMG I can't live without you" stage so I was happy for him. Us being such close friends, I could be nothing less than supportive, it was definitely the right move for him. Well we talked everyday for about 2-3 weeks til the inevitable fight. It was his birthday and I had been planning on going down to see him for weeks. Well I got a brief phone call telling me I don't have to come b/c he has homework and a test to study for so he can't entertain me all weekend BUT I can still come IF I WANT. "Well do you want to see me?", I asked.... YOU READY FOR THIS....being part of the guy clan he simply replied, "I don't care." At this point my eyes about popped out of my head and I quickly ended the conversation. We didn't speak for, wow, almost a month. He's been gone for 3-4 months now and somewhere in there our daily texts turned into calls and it hasn't stopped. RT has even cracked jokes about meeting our daily call time quota. What strikes me is that he is the one calling me everyday, be it at work or on my drive home. I still haven't seen him since he left but he recently invited me to come down and go to the river with him when it warms up....oh and he might be in town this weekend, and if so, he wants to meet up.
Now, he knows I haven't dated or made out with anyone since we split ways so does this mean he is interested in me or is this just him repairing our friendship. I don't want to over step my boundaries but in all honestly, I love him to death no matter what! He is amazing and sadly even if we don't work out as a couple he is still someone I would consider "marriage material".

**my qualifications for "Marriage Material"
GREAT sense of humor - super outgoing!
Family oriented
Humble
Athletic - and NO not a gym freak! Just a little flag football here and there.
Driven - with goals and reaching for them.
Attractive - no necessarily to everyone else...just me!
Bed fun compatibility - yes this is probably what you think it is


I'm not saying I haven't dated because I'm stuck on RT, really I've had good excuses to say no, mostly other pre-set plans. **Side note...still never been asked out in person. I was asked out by two guys...wait 3!!! I know them all threw friends and the "asking out" was done over gmail!!

I've actually been enjoying all this single time with my girls. I feel like its helped me find myself.
BUT...I do seem to find myself comparing the guys that like me to him.

What do you gather from this...do I need a serious slap in the face!

Well be it with him or someone else I have to move on sometime....and soon would be good.

~a simple girl with big issues~

8 comments:

Harley said...

I dunno - the fact that he's always calling you would make me think he really does like you in THAT way...... I mean surely otherwise it'd just be a once-a-day, quick-call thing??

I think you guys have a shot...!

Anonymous said...

Hello my Love!!!

I feel you girl....I have seen the reminisce of this long vicious dating realm and don't fret you my dear are AMAZING....I should know ;) and yes this dating thing is a pain in the ass....but just think you already listed your basic classified to find your match...hopefully on here, on your myspace or what not ...or when we venture out you will find this God-Sent man! But don't give in too fast....your much to amazing, and beautiful to just settle. So don't!

And when you do find Mr. Amazing....I wanna crack at him. I do in deed have to figure out if he is good enough :)

Love you!!!! And I really do <3 your hair.....out with the old in the new....in ALL you do!

Tay

Unknown said...

asking a woman out over gmail = immature.

Allie-gator said...

Kali - ok I will keep that door open for now and see where it goes.

Taylor - HEY!!THANKS! love you too!!

Surviving myself - I TOTALLY AGREE!!

Anonymous said...

Ok....Just read what you peeps wrote...

I honestly believe that asking a person out take courage. Complete and utter courage. And sometimes we do things based on the situations we are forced unto.

I have got asked out over emails time and time again....I actually save my messages from the 'current'....that way I can re-read them....some people are just better with words and cant help but be a tad shy at times....

Yes its nice to be bold and have the face to face moment but sometimes the less obvious is sweet!

P said...

sounds like he doesn't know what he wants. last time me and my ex broke up, we barely spoke for five weeks or so (despite working together) then suddenly he started texting me and emailing me all the time, I didn't have a clue what he wanted. don't know if he was doing it cos he regretted the break up to this day, but we DID end up back together. at the moment, we're going through the virtually no contact phase again, so i'm expecting him to start texting etc again soon but whether it is because he misses the friendship or the relationship i guess I won't know. still, if this goes on perhaps you should eventually just ASK him "look, how do you feel about me?" and see what he has to say for himself. Hope it all works out anyway - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and for me myself that one way or the other we both meet fabulous guys who treat us like princesses!

Matt said...

Sounds like you like him- maybe he will grow some balls and tell you he feels the same way (my guess, given the fact that you guys speak often).

:) Happy hunting.

So@24 said...

Gmail? Really?

I don't know if that's sad or impressive that it worked.