Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Me in pure form...

Ok since my first post was so drab...I'm writing a new, more upbeat post on my first day.

Its a beautiful sunny day and I'm actually quite chipper today!
I'm not sure if its because I'm in the running for a promotion at work or if I'm FINALLY just happy with where I am in my life. Being single is not as bad as people make it out to be. I haven't even been on a date in months but I'm glad. I've had more time to figure out who I am, alone... just me! I've grown closer than ever with my friend, my mom and my sister who I used to hate back in HS! haha Its amazing how time and space can help you grown together!

At first I found myself sitting at home on the couch watching TV because I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere. Now today I look at my week and I don't have one free day! A meeting tonight, a dinner date with friends tomorrow, rodeo or wine tasting on Friday (havent made up my mind...nice to have choices), and another wine tasting on Saturday. Blows me away at how my life has changed and for the better in the past few months. Its not all about a guy...its about me and the things I enjoy and what I want to do. I love this, I love being single!

So this is me in pure form...and I'm happy!
:-D
(Me smiling REALLY BIG!)

3 comments:

Matt said...

I think you should go to the rodeo Friday...and do some wine tasting beforehand- the scent of cowshit can be unnoticeable if there is enough alcohol in your bloodstream!

Just messing. Not really- but yeah

Jamie said...

I am so happy for you! I totally feel the same way!
Enjoy your drinks this weekend!

Happiness has little to do with guys, they just seem to get in the way of happiness. If your happy alone, a guy is a fun addition but not necessary:) That's what I am trying to remember!!!

P said...

As a newly single girl (again!) I like to see someone put someone put a positive spin on being single. From what you've been through, I'm in absolute awe of you for having such a positive outlook. I think you may have to be my inspiration. And PS, that girl clearly was no friend of yours. In fact, she's a rude word that I don't really want to use on someone else's blog! Also, you have lovely hair.