Monday, April 28, 2008

comfortable

WHOOOHOOO!!!! For the first time in my post college life I'm not penny pinching, paying my bills last minute, living without cable and Internet, or starving myself.

I'm one of those college graduates that was somewhat taken care of in college but let completely go the day after I received my diploma. So I got my job, signed a lease and started MY LIFE on my own pretty quick. I learned that having a house phone was a complete waste of money I didn't have, roman noodles were my best friend and my apartment complex was run by IDIOTS b/c they gave me 4 months of free cable I definitely couldn't afford(HBO and all)!! Don't worry I didn't complain!! hehe shhhhh....

So, I've finally made it to "comfortable"! I can have everything I need and some of what I want and not feel stressed over tomorrows dollar. I cannot express to you how excited I am to finally make it to this point in my life. I love being able to just go shopping, buy my friends a drink, or cover the whole tab without feeling the heat from my checking account. Its definitely been a long hard road to this point....didn't help that I dated broke guys so when I wanted to go out I always had to pay for myself or both of us! Let just say A LOT HAS CHANGED!!! haha!
~*~I'm not saying she's a gold digger.... but she ain't messin' with no broke n***a.~*~
(Yeap! Kanye is here on Friday and T and I are so there!!)

So now I'm looking to start an online savings account to start putting away some money for the bike (might wait a little while longer before I buy) . I want to put a pretty nice down payment down on it.

OK SO THIS IS A QUESTION FOR YOU! I need great recommendations for online savings accounts...in the states of course. I wouldn't even be sad to leave my current bank. My checking account services are not so great anymore.
TIA!!!!

10 comments:

B said...

Use ING! USE ING! That is the BEST best BEST for savings account.

Seriously. Chuck the cash in there and it'll accumulate $$ in interest.

GO WITH ING!

Rahul said...

ING is where its at. There is not even a second option.

That or the Cayman Islands where you can hide your income from the US government.

Anonymous said...

i dont knwo what ING is, but i guess i'm going to look into it!

i use wells fargo - if you know someone who works there, they can delete all your extra charges with no questions asked. pretty good policy if you ask me. :)

E-Money said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E-Money said...

Yes go with ING - I switched to them in Jan for savings and have made much more in interest than I did in previous years.

I saw Kanye on Sunday here in Denver, wrote a recap on my blog just now - you will definitely have a blast, it was a great show

Jamie Lovely said...

I totally have to look up this ING business because I'm not in the know!

Sid said...

Agh can't wait till I've made it to comfortable. At this moment in time I am unable to afford my own apartment. And I'm not the only 20 something who can't afford to leave home.

cat said...

Sorry, I don't have any tips on banks, but congrats on getting where you are! :)

Bogart said...

ING and I am sticking to it...

And congrats on that security...it feels good, doesn't it!

Jamie said...

i'll have to check out ing but i use emmigrant direct.