Monday, April 14, 2008

Floating...

Wow what an eventful weekend, I'm not even sure where to start.

Ok so we ended up not floating the river Saturday b/c it was way too windy and every time the sun went under the clouds we FROZE....so we backed out.

Saturday night was fun though. We walked 4th and 6th street til we settled on the 3rd story of "name I don't remember" club. We were there for all of 5 minutes when 2 guys asked if we wanted to join their party and drink off their bottle....SURE! They were really nice and pretty cute but I knew that I would never see them again even if I gave them my number (they lived far!) so when asked I politely declined. GLAD I DID TOO!!! For the following reason...hehe

I missed a phone call Saturday afternoon. Well I had a few drinks and didn't recognize the # so LATE that night I sent a text, "Hey, who is this". Well when I didn't get a response by the time we got home I figured who ever it was they were already asleep. This proved to be the case when texting started at 8:30 the next morning.

Curt- Hey A, this is Curt, my friend Brooke just got back from her honeymoon and told me I should call you.
Me-Oh Hey! Sry I'm in Austin but how about I call you when we are driving back?
Curt-sounds like a plan

Well, I text him one more time in the middle of our drive to see if he wanted to go ahead and meet up tonight since I knew I had no food in my frig!I was so anxious to meet him I just wanted to get it over with. I wasn't even nervous...but this could have been b/c I was EXHAUSTED!

Curt - Sounds good where and when?
Me - How about El Tiempo at 8?
Curt - Time is good, El Tiempo is good but have you ever been to Las Alemedes?
Me - No but T tells me its really good (as T also told me its super pricey!)
Curt - T has Great taste
Me- HAHA! T says "YES I DO!" ok so I'll call you around 7 to set the exact time b/c I still have to get pretty! Ha!
Curt - Take your time, no hurry. I'm good either way.

So there we had it... our blind date was set!

WELL!!! I called him just before 8 to let him know I was ready but there was a little problem. My finger wouldn't stop bleeding b/c I reached into my makeup bag and my tweezers jabbed me right in the cuticle. It was seriously gushing and all I could think was JUST MY LUCK! He asked why I didn't put a band aid on it and I had to admit I was out b/c T used them all when she had a blister a few weeks ago. How lame!!! So the sweet boy offered to bring me a band aid.
So at 8pm sharp he called to let me know he was down stairs. I walked out to see him standing beside the passanger door of his pretty gray BMW. He asked me how I was and then gave me a band aid so I could throw out the blood covered Kleenex I was using. Oh and I guess I should tell you, HE WAS HOTT!!! I was very pleased...to say the least!

OK so dinner was great, conversation was entertaining, and we were having a really good time. This was apparent when the restaurant staff dimmed the lights to politely let us know they were closing down. So we decided to continue our date at a small quiet pub close to my apartment.
I couldn't help but ask a few questions, since he is 32 and single (but ladies let me tell you...he looked nothing over 26). I told him I hadn't been out on a date in REALLY long time so I wanted to know when the last time he had. Thinking he would say months...I was shocked to hear:

Curt- I actually went on another blind date last friday! My friend girlfriend wanted me to meet her sister
Me-(giggling)Well, how did it go?
Curt-she didn't really blow up my skirt!
Me-(LAUGHING REALLY HARD) Well , How's your skirt now?
Curt-I'm not sure yet.

So the laughs continued as we learned more about one another but it had to end somewhere. So close to midnight we headed back to my place. Sitting in the car we expressed how much fun we had, hugged and said our good byes - all after we set up our 2nd date next Friday. (I would have chosen sooner but he is going out of town for work all week :-(

So I headed upstairs and remembered I forgot to ask him about his skirt again so I decided to text him one last time.

Me- Oh Yeah! How's the skirt?
Curt - Hovering about chest high...thanks for a wonderful evening, looking forward to next time.

Oh and this morning I felt really bad b/c I knew he had to get up super early for work so I text AGAIN! (yes I text a lot! to everyone!)

Me -I have an overwhelming feeling of guilt this morning. I hope you're up and somewhat lively.
Curt - You are too cute, no worries I wanted to stay out, the company was compelling and besides its nothing some coffee can't fix!

So....I'm floating right now.

7 comments:

ElPato said...

Glad you had fun this weekend! Sounds great.

Funny, I hooked up and my skirt it blowing in my face. And I could use some coffee...

Matt said...

told you going on the blind date was a good idea!!! :)

Des said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. And he's hot, too!?

Man, I need to go on some blind dates.

BTW, just started reading your blog. And I LOVE Leona Lewis, too!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

(Found you through SO@24)

He sounds somewhat normal! I say this tongue in cheek because dating down here in S. FL is kind of like a freak show w/sand.

Rahul said...

Ok Date checklist.

1.) Be on time
2.) Take a shower
3. ) Bring Band Aids
4.) Rent a BMW

Done and done. I'm totally going to be an awesome date.

Jamie Lovely said...

Sounds like it was fantastic!

Harley said...

Aww sounds awesome. So glad you had fun!