Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mind vs Heart

RT has been calling me a lot lately. Yes, we've been best friends for a long time but its obvious some of our feelings are still there...and deep. We talk mostly about his school, and crack a few jokes but somehow dating came up the other night. I'm not a lair by any means so I decided to suck it up and tell him I went on a blind date with someone and we are now casually dating. He seemed speechless as if I had cheated on him. It was so weird. We got off the phone quickly and then the texts started...as if it were easier for him to be sad or disappointed through a text.
RT: I'm not mad. You are right, you can't just wait around.
Me: I just wanted to be honest. You are my best friend and I don't want to jeopardize that.
RT: That means a lot. Thank you.

I was seriously crushed. It was like I had chosen another boy over him...when in all reality I didn't know he was one of my choice (and still don't).

I like Curt but at this point our relationship is nowhere near RT and I's but I still want to see where it will go. I swear my Heart is launching an all out war with my Mind. Help!

O'well, like I told RT I can't just wait around for him to figure out where he is in his life so I'm going to continue to have fun and date. AND if something deeper and stronger comes along....well then it just wasn't meant to be.....right????

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Follow your heart, it will *never* fail you. This I promise. And this is the only advice that I can give you. Your brain and your heart are 2 different things in this matter, one may think it best to go with C the other with R....Dont push anything just let nature take its course....

<3

Narm said...

I don't know you or your situation at all - but I do know you set records for most exclamation points used when describing a boy in blogging history after your blind date. Don't deprive yourself of someone that makes you that happy unless you are positive it is worth it.

Dahlia said...

I agree that you shouldn't wait around, but if at one point your heart leads you, listen to it.

Rahul said...

Madonna said it best...

Holiday! Celebrate!

Wait I was going for Open your heart to me. Right that sounds better

Harley said...

I am not good for relationship advice, as it happens.

HOWEVER. You should try find out what this RT guy is feeling.... he sounds nice.

Anonymous said...

okay, i totally understand where you are coming from with this. i was in a very similar situation not so long ago. the thing is, you just have to believe that was is supposed to happen will happen. if that means youll be with curt, youll be with him. if youre supposed to be with RT, youll be with him. just try to slow down and let things happen. if youre anything like me, you want to overanalyze and control the situation - but this is one of those cases where you have to relax and enjoy the ride. :) AND, make sure to keep us all updated. haha

Matt said...

K is totally right...your heart won't ever give you a bum steer. I wonder- after RT has had time to let it all sink in...if he would continue the friendship with you?