Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm AWAKE and ALIVE!

So I made it through the day yesterday but not before something almost REALLY bad happened to me.

So I left work a little early and was driving down a 6 lane(3x3) road in the middle lane( not a freeway, more like a business road). The light in front of me turned red and there was already a line of cars in my lane so I decided to move into the right lane where there was only 1 car in front of me. So I turned on my blinker and progressed slowly to the right....when WHOOSH! The Plymouth Prowler that was previously behind me was doing the same move I was but at a much faster rate of speed. The woman was so fast and I was so slow that my front right bumper touched her back left tire. There was a little noise but I didn't feel anything...regardless I followed her to the Walgreen's parking lot to check out the damage, if any. We got out and I apologized...even though in my mind I knew she was driving WAY too fast and did the same thing I did minus the blinker! Still I knew I was sleepy and didn't catch her quick move which on a good day I'm sure I would have. So viewing the damage I was pleased to see nothing on her little buggie of a car. There was a rubber mark that she wiped right off. Then looking at my poor baby Z there was a bigger mark but I was glad to see it was just black ArmorAll from her tire since she had just left the car wash. THANK YOU GOD!! This was seriously the kick I needed to get my butt home alive! I swore at work I knew something bad was going to happened...and knowing how sleepy I was I figured it would be something in the car. I'm just so grateful that was it...and I wasn't on the main HWY.

Lesson for today...be grateful!

And Here's to my awesome Territory Sales Manager who brought in McD's for breakfast!! WHOOHOO! YUM!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

damn, that sucks.

I often tell others that I am the best non-professional driver ever. I've only been in 1 accident and it wasn't my fault. I would own Jeff Gordon and those fools.

Of course, I haven't driven in like 4 years. But that doesn't matter.

Jamie Lovely said...

So glad you are okay. That is very scary!

Matt said...

I wish I had McDonalds breakfast right now...

Anonymous said...

I'm happy there wasn't more damage and that you're okay!

Harley said...

Jeez! Scary much? That was a close shave!!

I don't think it was your fault though, that woman sounds like a soccer mom, roaring past you...

Soccer moms are the worst drivers..